Last week, one morning, I was in the family room with George and Thomas. I heard Fred in Thomas's room, then I noticed him go in the living room. I didn't think much about it, other than I hoped he wasn't doing anything bad. Suddenly, he appeared at my side, and was adamantly trying to tell me something. It sounded like, "Some bad guys came and took our green one!" He was so serious, and it seemed urgent. I asked him to show me, and he led me to the living room window, and repeated the same thing, in his three year old manner, "Some bad guys took our green one!" I was trying to figure out what he meant. Our recycling bin? Our garbage can? Finally, I realized he meant our green
van. Jim had arranged for the transmission guys to come tow it. I explained to Fred that Daddy said it was O.K., and those guys were going to fix it. (I am not sure he believed me.) The funny part of all this, to me, is that Fred must have watched the whole thing, first from Thomas's window, then at the living room window. And he didn't alert me that someone was taking the van, until they were gone! (He must have been so scared, when he saw them drive away with our van.
At that point, he did come, right away... )
Here is a photo of him in his Thomas pajamas and papuchi. And that is his Peep, on the step.
1 comment:
That is such an awesome story!! How traumatic for him. By the way I have switched my blog address, I do not know if you can access it through this comment but if not I will e-mail it to you!!
Post a Comment