skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Uniontown
We were extremely blessed with the opportunity to attend the pilgrimage at Mount St. Macrina (Uniontown, Pennsylvania) this year. We haven’t been since 2004, for various reasons (babies, unreliable vans…). It is quite an experience, to pray with so many people, and be there for all the different services. (For Jim’s family, this might be similar to the “conferences” you attended.) Jim and I were so thankful to be there. It was good for us, and really good for the kids. Besides just being there, they got to spend a lot of time with all the uncles, aunts, Godfathers, Godmothers, grandparents, and cousins who were also participating. And now they know there is more to Uniontown, than just the place where Medovniki comes from. Peter carried St. Nick’s cross in the procession to the cemetery. That was a big deal, and his cousin, Luke, was with him, carrying Holy Ghost’s cross. I could write a novel about the weekend, if I had time … Unfortunately, I better get going. I need to make the kids some lunch. Thomas is so sweet: He keeps trying to set plates out for Margie, Peter, and George. He keeps forgetting that they aren’t home. Here are some pictures from the weekend (And that IS Uncle Joe and Aunt Anna's bench they're sitting on):

No comments:
Post a Comment