Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Zoo Zoo Zoo

I never thought I would be able to handle this. But, with the cooler weather and the double stroller (and a few prayers), it was a piece of cake!

Our Zoo Pass is expiring on Friday. So far this week, I, by myself, have taken all six kids to the zoo; not once, but twice, and we are going again tomorrow. I had to use the double stroller because Thomas, though he is a huge two year old and could have easily walked, isn't very trustworthy. The two times I have taken them to the library, with only Nicholas in the normal stroller, Thomas thinks he can go off and do whatever he wants. You'll blink your eye and he's gone. The older kids are willing to hold his hand and help watch him, but, they can get distracted. Locking him down in a stroller solved that problem. Of course we made sure he could see things, and let him out if there was something neat the older kids were climbing on. Little Nicholas mostly slept the whole time. And, the older 4 were fine. Both trips were very pleasant, even for me. :)

We didn't stay all day, which is why we went multiple days. By making them shorter visits, we made sure Nicholas was content, we didn't have to buy any food or drinks, and no one had to use the bathroom. (A concern, since I was the only adult.) Tomorrow, we are going because they wanted a chance to play on the playground. Why not?

No comments: